Statement of Faith
All affiliates of Heritage Academy are asked to read the following Statement of Faith, which is the doctrinal basis for all our religious teaching.
Heritage Academy is a ministry of Heritage Fellowship, it is Assembly of God in Affiliation and Biblical in emphasis. Both the church and the school stand firmly on the changeless Word of God as expressed in the following statement of historic evangelical Christianity.
- We Believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15, II Peter 1:21)
- We Believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We Believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His Resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4); His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:9); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We Believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
- We Believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We Believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
- We Believe in the soon return of our Lord Jesus Christ to take away the saved.